Thursday, June 18, 2009

Heaven Sent Speedy


In a fairytale world, Louis Vuitton Speedy's would fall from the sky above me. Or, I'd have a cloud of speedy's follow me wherever I would go. (((In my head))) Just like this picture below :D
The story of Louis Vuitton & Audrey Hepburn. Well, they didn't know of eachother of course, but have patience & read this interesting fact! ...

*image above is Audrey Hepburn with her Classic Monogram Canvas Speedy 30, circa late 1950's to early 1960's*

below info. via Wikipedia :D
In 1867, the company participated in the universal exhibition in Paris. To protect against the duplication of his look, he [Louis Vuitton] changed the Trianon design to a beige and brown stripes design in 1876. By 1885, the company opened its first store in London, England on Oxford Street. Soon thereafter, due to the continuing imitation of his look, in 1888, the Damier Canvas pattern was created by Louis Vuitton, bearing a logo that reads "marque L. Vuitton déposée," which translates to "mark L. Vuitton deposited" or, roughly, "L. Vuitton trademark". In 1892, Louis Vuitton died, and the company's management passed to his son.
1893 through 1936
After the death of his father, Georges Vuitton began a campaign to build the company into a worldwide corporation, exhibiting the company's products at the Chicago World Fair in 1893. In 1896, the company launched the legendary Monogram Canvas and made the worldwide patents on it. Its graphic symbols, including quatrefoils and flowers (as well as the LV monogram), were based on the trend of using Japanese and Oriental designs in the late Victorian Era. The patents later prove to be successful in stopping counterfeiting. In this same year, Georges traveled to the USA, where he toured various cities (such as NY and Chicago), selling Vuitton products during the visit. By 1914, the Louis Vuitton Building opened on the Champs-Elysees. It was the largest travel-goods store in the world at the time. Soon thereafter, the Louis Vuitton Speedy bag was introduced (both are still manufactured today). In 1936 Georges Vuitton passed away, and, his son, Gaston-Louis Vuitton, assumed control of the company.
During this period, the look of the leather was utilized in everything from small purses and wallets to larger pieces of luggage. In order to broaden its line, the company revamped its signature Monogram Canvas in 1959 to make it more supple, allowing it to be used for purses, bags, and wallets. Audrey Hepburn is seen carrying the bag in the film Charade (1963).


Audrey w/speedy 30 bag & Audrey w/speedy 30 bag & unidentified male.


Jessica Simpson, Monogram Canvas Speedy 35, circa 2007


Hillary Duff, Dentelle Speedy, Circa 2006


Louis Vuitton Stephen Sprouse Graffiti Speedy 30 Collection/Green, circa 2009


Speedy 30's in: Damier Azur, Damier Ebene, Snow Sculpture Speedy, Mono Canvas, Epi Cassis & Epi Rouge



Speedy 30 in Gold Mirage (Miroire) (?) Anyway, this is too gawdy for me. No offense to others, but I would not be able to pull this off unless I were Donatella Versaci or somethin'.



Here's Lil' Kim with her Black MC Speedy 30. *Sigh* I need this to go with my White MC Speedy 30 I purchased last August '08 :D I LOVE this Multicolor Speedy BAG!

Miss J. Simpson with her Black Cube Speedy. I like how it's a Speedy n' all, but I'm just not feeling this bag-especially for the price! I could buy 3 regular canvas Speedy's for the price of this 1 Black Speedy Cube or whatever..
So, my SA (sales associate) at my local LV Boutique showed this Patchwork Speedy 30 to me a year or so ago, and it was priced at $1,500 USD I think at the time? Anyway, I thought it looked sloppy. I couldn't wear it. Instead at the time, I purchased the classic Mono Canvas Speedy 30, which was about $1,000 LESS. And much more classic.




Okay, so, can I just say for those women obsessed with Louis Vuitton & the color pink - this would be THE perfect LV Speedy to have?!

This version of the Classic Louis Vuitton Speedy is the Luxe version of Speedy in Ostrich by Richard Prince, and at the time of launch (2008?) was available for purchase at $12,900 USD. Anyway, just wanted to share image below of how fabulous this Speedy looks. I'm a pink girl; I'm a speedy girl. This bag would suit me. Although I'm not loving the gold "Speedy" emblem. Still, this bag is simply gorgeous. Gorgeous! ..... !#$%^&*&^%$#! I. Want. It.

No comments:

Post a Comment